Saturday, July 18, 2009

Things That Infuriate Me

Okay, look. I am easily infuriated. This is not a secret to myself or to anyone who has known me longer than two hours. I admit that sometimes weird things annoy me, but I can't help it. So since I've got nothing better to do, I compiled a list of things that fill me with complete rage and make me want to tear someone's face off. Let it be a warning to you.

(These are in no particular order.)

1. When my roommate leaves the toilet open.

I understand that this is a weird thing. But it REALLY bugs me. What is so hard about putting the lid down when you're done? Sometimes people carry things like their toothbrushes into the bathroom. Who wants to risk THAT inevitable mishap? (This hasn't happened...yet. It is currently one of my biggest fears.) Not only that, but do you KNOW how much fecal matter flies into the air when you flush the toilet?! My towel hangs right above it! THERE IS FECAL MATTER ALL OVER MY TOWEL BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO USE A SMALL FLICK OF YOUR WRIST TO PUT THE LID DOWN.

2. When people set the new roll of toilet paper on top of the rod thingy.

Is it really that much extra work for you to pull the plastic thing out and put the roll on right? Is your life REALLY that hectic that you can't spare those 5 extra seconds? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S SO HARD.


This picture actually depicts two: 3. Unrinsed dishes sitting in the sink, AND 4. Dirty dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is empty/partially loaded. You have GOT to be kidding me! If you leave food on the dishes and leave the dishes sitting out, the food becomes crusty, and believe me when I say that NO ONE enjoys scrubbing crusty food off the plates. So rinse your dishes. And guess what--we have a dishwasher. (And it ain't me.) So when the sign hanging on the dishwasher says "DIRTY," that is your cue to load your dishes. I even added a line underneath, so that it also says, "LOAD ME UP!" Seriously. A monkey could figure this out.

5. People who talk REALLY loud on the phone in public.

I don't care about your conversation. For real. Sometimes I may eavesdrop, I will admit, but usually because it's inevitable. Annoying Roommate does this frequently. We'll all be sitting in the living room, the TV will be on, people will be cooking and eating and talking, and she will be screaming into her phone and laughing her annoying laugh. UGH! Just go in a different room! So annoying.

6. AllergiesSummertime=bliss. Sunshine, softball, lacrosse, hay, beautifully irrigated fields, being barefoot, dripping with sweat on your morning run, picnics, being tan, fishing, camping, fires, s'mores, mosquito bites, watermelon, hot dogs...seriously, best time EVER. Unfortunately, I have hay fever, which means all those blissful things also entail sneezing, boogers, snot, wheezing + the inability to breathe, itchy eyes that swell shut if you rub them, and an INTENSE itching in the back of the throat that is impossible to get rid of, even when making a heinously ugly bullfrog-like noise. I don't know if I have super allergies or just crappy medicine, but nothing works except Benedryl, which KNOCKS you right out. That's probably why it works--I'm just asleep for three months and then when I finally wake up, allergy season is over.

Another two parter: 7. Clingers, and 8. Hoverers.
Do NOT cling to me. (Unless you're a child. I mean, that can still get annoying, but I'll handle that one.) I am not your Siamese twin; we don't have to be touching at all times. Even if you are the love of my life, most gorgeous man on Earth, I want to spend eternity with you, you don't always need to be holding my hand/playing with my hair/wrapping your arm around my waist or shoulders/rubbing my back. Sometimes, I just want you to BACK UP and GET OUT OF MY BUBBLE and STOP TOUCHING ME and LET ME BREATHE, OH-MY-FREAKING-LANTA YOU ARE SUFFOCATING ME. And then there's the hovering thing. If there's something going on, hoverers have to be there. Conversations that have NOTHING to do with them and that they are not a part of? They'll butt in. They hear laughter and they come running and--before they even hear the joke--they start laughing, too. Oh, how it irks me. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME.

I should really just find two more to make it a nice, even 10 (seriously, my OCD is kind of bothering me about it...I won't even admit how many other things about this post have been changed for this very same reason), but I've spent far too long on this and I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on the toilet seat. Seriously THE most disgusting thing ever to have the seat left up and have someone flush. Can't stand the thought. Ah! The wonderful things about college life that I don't miss so much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pet peeve #1: I agree... I mean, I lost a perfectly good/new sonic toothbrush because my husband didn't close the lid and my toothbrush fell inside the toilet! Sick! (Luckily he replaced it with a new toothbrush before I used it...)

    Pet Peeve #3 and 4: I HATE dirty dishes!! They are so gross!! I used to be way OCD and always yell at my roommates to clean their dishes right when they used them. And I tried to keep every dish clean when I got married, but without a dishwasher, there just isn't always time to wash the dishes right after I eat. But I still insist that they are rinsed. Being married has lowered my OCD levels on somethings, but to leave food (that usually needs to be refrigerated) out and just sitting where bugs can get to it - so gross! ( I feel like I need a shower now!)

    One day you'll have a place that you can call yours and then you can make all the rules - and make your kids put the seat down, and replace the toilet paper, and wash/load the dishes, and talk at reasonable levels on the phone, and not cling and hover. Unfortunately you'll always be stuck with the hay fever. Sorry.

    Thanks for ranting. Love knowing I'm not the only intense one out there! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even THOUGHT about shutting the toilet before I flush. I will from now on.
    As for the allergies, I have a roommate that makes that noise. It is super gross and makes me want to throw up slash hit her face when she makes it. I don't even know how to attempt such a sound.
    Lastly, I am the same way about clingy people. Kenzie thinks I'm a freak but I don't believe in PDA and just because you have the privilege of calling yourself my boyfriend DOES NOT mean that you get to hang on me. I hate it. You need to be an independent person and get the h off. That's all. Also, your blog makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete